KUALA LUMPUR (March 5): Former Sabah chief minister Tan Sri Musa Aman is expected to face 16 further charges at the Sessions Court today.

DPP Raja Rozela Raja Toran said the charges are being registered now.

Earlier, one of his lawyers Francis Ng Aik Guan told High Court judge Mohd Zaini Mazlan that their team is withdrawing its application to transfer the ongoing case to the High Court in light of the latest development.

"I am made to understand that there will be more charges made against my client," he said.

Following this, Justice Zaini struck out Musa's application with the liberty to file afresh.

Besides Ng, Musa is also represented by Amer Hamzah Arshad, Ragunath Kesavan, Ridha Abdah Subri and Joshua Tay.

The former Sabah chief minister had already claimed trial on Nov 5 to 35 counts of receiving bribes amounting to US$63 million (RM243 million) between Dec 24, 2004 and Nov 6, 2008.  — theedgemarkets.com

Click here for more property stories.

SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. NCT Alliance buys 51% stake in Sabah property developer for RM22m in cash, land swap deal
  2. Calls to expedite construction of Trans-Borneo Railway
  3. KTI Landmark explores affordable housing project in Kota Kinabalu